We wanted to clarify a few things for customers on how a FFL transfer works so that you can understand the time frame and steps involved. Our FFL transfer fee is $20 and we will make sure that your firearms gets into your hand safely and in a timely fashion.
For clarification, we will use these terms in the step by step process.
Buyer = You, the customer purchasing the firearm online
Seller = Online retailer, gun auction site, other that is listing, selling and shipping the firearm.
Briarhawk = That's us!
- The buyer finds a gun online and purchases it with their credit card or form of payment they used.
- Seller will request the designated FFL to ship the firearm to and the buyer would indicate Briarhawk as the recipient. If we appear in the seller's database, you should be able to select us, if not, provide them the following information and the The Seller will typically email requesting our Federal Firearms License (FFL)Our email:
FFL -a-t- briarhawk -d-o-t- com
Briarhawk Firearms & Ammunition
5715 W Sahara Avenue #102
Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Seller emails Briarhawk for a copy of our FFL and Briarhawk sends a response back with an electronic (emailed copy) of our FFL to the seller. The FFL is never sent to the buyer (customer)
- Upon proper verification by the seller of Briarhawk's FFL, the seller will ship the firearm(s) to Briarhawk's retail location (5715 W Sahara Avenue #102, Las Vegas, NV 89146) along with a copy of the sales invoice (Nevada Sales Tax must be paid by the seller if it was not paid to the seller during the online transaction)
- Firearm(s) are then received by Briarhawk and logged into our Acquisition and Disposition (A&D) book so that the chain of custody for the firearm(s) are properly recorded.
- After the firearm(s) are logged into our A&D book, we will call the buyer (customer/you) and let them know it is ready for pickup. We kindly ask to refrain from calling the store as we can not release the firearm until it is logged properly.
- The buyer (customer/you) come to the store to pickup your firearms from us. You will need to bring a valid form of government issued identification, form of payment for transfer fee and Nevada Sales Tax and State of Nevada Background Check Fee (If you are not a current NV CCW permit holder) and fill out a 4473 form for the completion of the transaction.
Other things to think about before purchasing your firearm online.
- Is it really cheaper than buying from Briarhawk? Many times, the cost of the gun, the shipping, the sales tax and the transfer fee can cost more buying online than either buying it off the shelf in the store OR if we special ordered it for you from one of our many distributors.
- Is the site you are visiting reputable?
- Has their website been hacked?
- Is my credit card information safe floating around on other websites?
There are some times we suggest a customer to buy a gun online though, because it could be an extremely hard to find firearm (new or used) and if you can get it now, we will support you in your purchase.